1. One (1) application form should be filled out completely by every person intending to travel, unless one is a dependent and is included in a parent’s travel document.
2. One (1) recent passport-size photograph must be attached.
3. Proof of USA residency permit is required if traveling with non-USA passport.
4. Passport must be valid at least three months beyond the dates of the trip.
5. If you are traveling with Diplomatic or Official travel documents, a diplomatic note or a note verbale is required.
6. For a business visa, a letter from a sponsoring company, stating the purpose of the trip, should be enclosed.
7. Tourists are required to show proof of $40/day to cover expenses while in Eritrea.
8. Fees: $25.00 for single or multiple entry (non-refundable)
9. Cash and Personal checks are not accepted.
10. Visa processing time: 3 working days
11. Mail applications to:
12. Consular Hours:
13. Applicants should pay for Express mail, FedEx, or some other means other than first class mail, to ensure the safety of the travel document. Also, please enclose a self-addressed, stamped Express mail or FedEx (or other) envelope with sufficient postage so that we can return your travel document to you.
14. These requirements can change at any time. Please call for an update.
Consular Affairs Embassy of Eritrea.
Tekie G. Meskel,
President Global Discount Travel
6475 New Hampshire Avenue Suite 710 Hyattsville, MD 20783
Tel: 301-270-6020 * Fax: 301-270-5730